Back to list

Nowhere to Live

If you are homeless, at risk of homelessness or escaping family violence, call 1800 825 955 to speak to a housing and support worker in Victoria.

Your call will be directed to a housing support service in your area or, if the call is outside business hours, it will be directed to the Salvation Army Crisis Services.

Emergency housing for overnight and short term crisis or Women's Refuge accommodation is limited and not guaranteed, but it can be applied for at a funded housing support service.

Alternatively, you may be eligible for Transitional Housing (longer term housing until rental accommodation can be arranged) through a government funded housing support service.

Housing support services can also assist with your application for a DHHS Bond. They may also be able to assist with some funds for rent in advance to help get you into a private rental property. (There is income eligibility criteria for this service.)

Worried about your pet?
Contact your local council who may provide temporary pound accommodation for a minimal cost if you are experiencing an accommodation emergency.