Urgent Financial Assistance
State and Commonwealth government organisations have a range of special income assistance benefits available which may assist you with urgent financial assistance short-term depending on your specific circumstances.
Centrelink: Call 136 150
- Advance Lump Sum $1000 – check how much your benefit would reduce each fortnight to see if you can manage it.
- Special advance payments – in extreme circumstances you can get an early Centrelink payment rather than having to meet the waiting period.
- Special benefits – if you are in extreme financial hardship and don’t qualify for other Centrelink benefits you may be eligible for a special benefit.
- Crisis Payment – a one off payment for hardship in limited extreme circumstances.
- Pension loan scheme – available to pensioners who need more income to live on buttheir assets are tied up.
DHHS Victoria. Call1300 650 172
- Utility Relief Grant – up to $500 per Gas, Electricity and Water bill if you meetthe criteria.
- Bond Assistance Loans – for bond assistance to get into a rental property (this is income tested).
- Mortgage Relief Scheme (Victorian Government) – an interest free home loan assistance.
Urgent financial assistance short-term may relieve stress and give you the time needed to organise yourself and find long-term solutions.